DIY custom letters




Today I'm going to show you how to make one of my favorite crafts. Decorated letters can be used for your little ones room, a home warming present or a baby shower, the uses are endless. I used my letters to match my sons crib set using his name. You will need:

-Your letters of choice made from chipboard
-Black paint (any accent color)
-Scrapbook paper
-Modge podge
-Pen or pencil
-Paint brush
-Scissors
-mounting tape
-embellishments (optional)



First, trace the letter you want onto the back of the paper you selected, if you are doing more than one letter then now would be a good time to organize your papers in other of how you want them so you don't get the one you don't want. For example I am using this X because I've already done my letters. Just cut out the letter shape from the paper.


Now paint the back and sides of the letter with your choice of paint color. I always do black, it gives it an added depth when hanging your letters.


after you cut out the letter, Mod Podge the front of your letter and lay it over. Smooth it out and make sure there isn't any air bubbles. Let it dry for about 30 minutes before added your embellishments. If you are doing anything heavier than cardstock, I recommend using a hot glue gun to secure those items.

Add some embellishments to decorate your letters, I just colored on some polka dots but for the ones I already finished I cut out some stars.


Once you get it the way you want, add some mounting tape to the back and stick it where ever you like. That's all! we just made come easy letters to match whatever you want. Place them in the kitchen or a bedroom and if you want to have them outside, use Mod Podge for outdoor use.

Thank you for joining me today and I look forward to making more crafts with you.

Ariel












1 comment: