What I learned in my first 100 sales on ETSY



It's been while since I have been on, so many new things going on for me. I had my 100th sale in my etsy shop, we had our third child and it's a girl! I have a new cricut maker that I need to do a post for and working on sewing projects more. Working on getting some new items in my shop but doing some trials on what I would like to include.

 It's been over a year since I first opened my etsy shop and it's been such a great experience for me. I've learned many great things and try helping others as they open their own shop as well. If you have any questions about opening one, feel free to ask but if you use my link you can get 40 free listings to start you off on opening your shop.

Click here for 40 free listings with ETSY 


I learned a lot of things on etsy and one of the things that mattered the most was loving what I do.
Yes, everybody wants to produce some best sellers but if you don't care for your product its going to make you hate your job. Etsy is a job and one that you are putting work into with the freedom of selecting what you do what its going to look like how its done, all of the things I make I started making for myself or as a gift first to make sure I was happy with making it over and over again for orders. When I first started making bow ties they were for my son and pretty flimsy, it was cute as a beginner because I was happy that I put the effort into making something personal for him but as I added it to my shop I started to work on making it better and nicer because I loved bow ties. Before you start a shop write out a list of things you enjoy making and make them one by one to get a feel for how long it will take and see if you are happy with making it again.

One important thing I learned on Etsy is to not check out other shops to see how well they are doing. Your shop isn’t going to grow over night and one day you can have a popular item and not know why. It’s best to focus on your own things and not get overwhelmed by what others are selling or doing. Put work into your listings, the descriptions, the tags, pictures, make people want to browse your listings and read what your selling. As you get better equipment for making your items, invest in equipment for your pictures as well. A light box and better lights go a long way, you can even DIY your light box if you are on a budget.

Love what you do, its your key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment