Violette Field Threads Isobel Pattern Review

Making the endeavor to learn to sew it both scary and exciting all at the same time. There are so many things I had learned when I first started and I always stuck to the same projects because I was afraid to fail. I took the plunge and Purchased the Isobel From Violette Field Threads Shop. I was so overwhelmed when I first bought it, the looks of the finished product looked so complicated. I read over the pattern and instructions for a couple weeks before I decided to start.

The fabric I used was purchased form Joann craft store and I only needed a yard of main fabric and liner fabric each. I had already made up my mind to not add the sleeves because I was going to put a matching sweater over the dress and it made the choice clear not to do flutter sleeves. The second time around I did decide to add the sleeves so I could get some practice in ad get familiar with the pattern.



This is a great pattern for a beginner to learn different techniques that go into dress making. Getting the gathers was where I struggled the most but it took me buying a different thread to make it a breeze. I did snaps instead of buttons because of how wiggly my daughter can be when I'm trying to get her buttons on. One year old's do not like to sit still when you are behind them and they are trying to see what mommy is doing. The second dress I opted to not add the ruffles and do tulle instead to give the dress a "princess" look because it was a gift for her first birthday.




Since I had made my dress they have released a new hack for the pattern to add an elastic back instead of the buttons. I am currently working on mine and will add the pictures when I am finished. if you have any questions about the pattern feel free to ask:) Thanks for stopping by!

Ariel


                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment