Corner Bookmarks with the Cricut Maker



Reading is one of those things I don't get to do as often as I'd like, especially hard copy books. With the little ones around it makes it difficult to leave a book sitting somewhere they can get to it because I'm always nervous they are going to rip it. So in between readings I like to hold my place with bookmark to keep up with where I last left off. I wanted an excuse to use my cricut as well :) I did some experimenting with felt and paper bookmarks to see what I would like better and as gifts of course.

For beginner this is a simple project to get to know your cricut.

Supplies needed
-Cricut
-Cardstock or felt
-Gluestick, Hot gluegun, ATG tape gun (Any will work)
-Cut file
-Scoring tool or scoring wheel(For maker only)
-Blue Light Grip Mat for cardstock



CRICUT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Open the link to my template for the corner bookmark. The project is set to a random color I picked but you can change it for visual purposes.

2. Delete the extras you wont need like the words and the template you wont be using.



3. Hit the "Make it" button to make to the next page.

4. Once you review that your project looks good and score lines are attached, click "Continue" and insert the scoring tool you will be selecting.

5. Select your material, upload your mat and hit the blinking "C" and let it cut :)

6. Once your material cuts, unload the mat, peel it off the mat gently and set mat aside.


7. Fold down the flaps to make a square, glue the two flaps together and that's all! Decorate with your favorite book quotes or monogram, make it your own or as a gift! Here is my list of free SVGs for some adorable images to use for your bookmarks! This was the same sheet of paper by the way, such a color difference!



I made separate instructions for those who want to use felt right Here. Its worth a read to get an idea of what the difference is with felt and cardstock projects. If you followed the tutorial and made a bow feel free to the the tag #hofd so I can see your projects. 

*If you are having trouble viewing the shapes just change the color and they will appear.*



No comments:

Post a Comment